Officially say goodbye to your old friend Betty Crocker! No more boxed brownies, which are filled with terrible chemicals, fillers and toxins. Instead, try these blondies which are a scrumptious treat. This vanilla brownie version is made with brown rice flour, coconut flour and natural sweeteners. Low on the glycemic index, this dessert won't give you a sugar crash after eating it. Remember, when choosing ingredients, try and choose the best quality ingredients (organic if possible) in order to receive the maximum nutritional benefits.
- 1 cup brown rice flour (Bob's Red Mill3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. ground flax
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup 70% (or higher) cacao chips
- 1 medium sized organic egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- A couple pinches of sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Use coconut oil and lather pan or large baking dish
- Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl- brown rice flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao chips, sea salt, baking powder and ground flax.
- In a food processor combine apple sauce, vanilla extract, water, egg and brown rice syrup and mix.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredient mixture in mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Pour batter into pan or large baking dish and smooth top over until even and flat.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and cut into squares.
- Will keep for 3-4 days in fridge. Can cut into squares and freeze, so they will last longer.