Rigatoni with Roasted Cauliflower, Currants, Kale + PINE NUTS
This recipe is made with brown rice shell pasta instead of wheat pasta and has the most delicious cheesy flavor (and it's vegan!). The nutritional yeast brings the delicious cheesy flavouring and adds high protein to the dish. This mouth-watering dish will please any dinner guest. No bloating with this pasta dish my friends! You will feel utterly satisfied and completely satiated!
- One 227 gram package (approx 4 cups) of Brown Rice Pasta
- 1/2 head cauliflower (cut into bite size)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 handful of black currants
- Bring water to boil and add in brown rice pasta cooking it on medium-high heat until it reaches al dente
- Preheat oven to 350, on a baking sheet lay bite size pieces of cauliflower and let cook for 10 minutes
- In a frying pan, melt butter on medium heat and add in minced garlic and kale.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and add into frying pan with garlic and kale.
- Remove brown rice pasta, strain water and add into a big mixing bowl.
- Mix nutritional yeast in with the brown rice pasta until melted and completely covers pasta.
- Add in cauliflower, garlic and kale mixture.
- Pour olive oil, add in parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Top with pine nuts and black currants.
Makes 2-3 servings